Friday, May 22, 2009

Baseball in Heaven?

There's nothing I want to complain about today and I'm in a good mood after the Cardinal's sweep of the Cubs. So today, a story.

Two elderly former baseball players were reminiscing when Jorge asked, "Do you think there will be baseball in heaven?" Jason said, "I don't know, but I sure hope so." As they continued to talk, they made a pact that the first one to die would make every attempt to return to the other with the answer.

A couple of years later Jason died. As his friend lay sleeping a week after the funeral, he was awakened by a voice, "Jorge, it's me Jason." Jorge woke with a start and exclaimed, "Jason, you did it. You came back. So tell me, is there baseball in heaven?"

"Well, I have good news and bad news on that front," answered the ghostly figure. Jorge cried out, "Give me the good news first." The specter spoke, "Yes, there is baseball in heaven." Jorge said, "That's wonderful," and then turned silent. After a moment he asked, "What's the bad news?"

Jason replied, "You're pitching Friday."

No comments:

Post a Comment