Thursday, May 28, 2009

Down moods

Are any of you moody? That's definitely one of my traits. I don't think I get moody just because. Normally there is an event or series of events that send me into a funk. And once there it takes a while to climb out. I hate it.

That's actually the reason I haven't posted since Monday. I have some things to say (and will get around to them), but a couple of things happened over the weekend to make me a bit sour. I don't think I've been ugly with people, but I can see that I have retreated into my shell.

This is the one thing that I do that most drives Tina crazy. When I get in a funk like this, I just pull away from everything. Oh, I keep working on what I have to, but everything else falls by the way. She will say at these times, "You're pulling away from me." Most of the time, I don't realize I'm doing it until she says something or I'm almost through it.

Are you the type of moody person who retreats into yourself? You need someone to tell you when it happens. Are you married to a such a person? You need to have a talk with him/her to gain some understanding and then get permission to help pull him/her out when it happens.

I don't think this is the same as true clinical depression. That's a different story that may need professional help. I'm just talking about the down periods that come upon melancholy people. If you are one, find someone to trust. If you know someone, help them.

No comments:

Post a Comment