Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Let's All Sing Like the Birdies Sing

I am not a Ludite (someone who fears changing technology). I use cell phones and computers like it was second nature. I had no trouble replacing all my vinyl records with CDs because of the superior sound quality. I use e-mail and have a Facebook page. Look, I even know how to blog.

But I just don't get the Twitter phenomenon. Updates by my "favorite" people on their activities by the day or hour or minute? I don't really need to know and I doubt that anyone wants to know this stuff about me.

I figure that writing a blog is egotistical enough. But at least here, I am expressing thoughts that maybe we can discuss. But to know that I am going to the gym now...what's the purpose?

I am really trying to not be a crank here. I just don't get it. Perhaps I'm just not social enough. Or maybe this is a fad that will soon die. Whatever, I can't see myself tweeting anytime soon.

1 comment:

  1. I'm egotistical enough. ;-) Nah I don't think Twitter is an essential part of my life, but it does things like updating my facebook status and keeping up on not-quite-friends easier.

    ReplyDelete