Friday, June 19, 2009

Mortality Stinks

Yesterday I had an appointment with my cardiologist. The visit went fine; my medications are keeping my cholesterol and triglyceride levels at good levels. The conversation was positive and upbeat. Still I had a miserable time.

If everything went so well, why was it so bad? Because I was at the cardiologist!!! Since I had a heart-attack four years ago (mostly due to bad dietary habits), I will have to continue to see a cardiologist for the rest of my life.

Getting older is no fun. My body doesn't work the way it used to, what's left of my hair is turning gray, and I have to get stronger reading glasses. I guess I'm wiser than when I was younger, but I still don't like the way I feel physically.

I used to tell myself on my birthday every year that I am only in my forties; that's still young. Then I hit fifty. No getting around it; I am now middle-aged.

I know all the sayings: Getting older beats the alternatives, etc. However, I have decided that this cannot be God's original plan. The wearing out of our bodies must be a result of the fall.

Obviously I will press on; I'm just cranky today because I have a cardiologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment